Apollo13 – ITSM Operation Simulation
With the growing importance of IT to all organizations ITSM is becoming a strategic capability. Many organizations have adopted and invested heavily in ITSM best practice frameworks such as ITIL. Many are struggling and are not achieving the hoped for value, worse still their lack of ITSM capabilities are presenting a risk to their business. Despite the massive investments in ITSM training and certification we still struggle to translate the theory into practice and translate the ITSM knowledge into results.
Interested? Get in Contact with Glenfis
Why is this important?
- Most of the training is focused on getting certified, which means, “Train to pass the exam”. But we forget to teach the students how to apply the theory in their day-to-day work.
- The number 1 reason for ITSM initiatives failing is ABC (Attitude, Behavior, Culture). There is too little attention in training on dealing with this. Creating buy-in, overcoming resistance, empowering people to change.
- Many organizations see ITSM improvements as ‘Implementation projects’ and fail to embed CSI (Continual Service Improvement) as a core capability within the culture of the organization.
- IT is too internally focused. We forget to focus on the Customer and the Business.
- There is too little focus on aligning processes to business needs and too little ability to measure and demonstrate the value.
Get in Contact with Glenfis.